Re: [Xen-users] xen hvmloader gpxe

Am Mittwoch, den 31.12.2008, 13:04 +0100 schrieb
ignazio.cassano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> I am testing several Operating System Streaming products to streams
>      virtual desktops.
>      They always requires pxe boot but xen seems to have a pxe which is not
>      suitable.

Ay - pxe-boot with xen (dom0 AND domU) and also kvm running fine. I make
heavy use of this and it works fine - net-booting your dom0 and domus is
really cool ;)

I think your problem is your bridge.

Could you please post your bridge-config.

auto xyz
iface xyz inet static
        address 10.10.45.231
        netmask 255.255.255.0
       bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_fd 0
        bridge_hello 2
       bridge_maxage 12
        bridge_stp off

the brdige_fd is a MUST-HAVE otherwise it _wont_ work.

>      I got the same problem with kqemu and kvm and I solved it using gpxe.

works like a charm.

>      With xen I tried to chainloading gpxe (following gpxe wiki) but
>      hvmloader fails to load it (memory problem?).
>      Any workaround about this problem or patch in future releases ?
>      Many Thanks & Regards
>      Igna

Regards,

Thomas