RE: [Xen-users] crashes windows 2008 server in hvm

> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 12:52 AM, James Harper
> <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Will it work for Windows 2003 32 Bits as well?
> >
> > Yes, although I haven't actually tested it with <4G on a 32 bit
system.

> > James
> >

> I installed "pre10 don't use" onto a clean install of Vista Enterprise
> 32 bit, rebooted and this time no BSOD, but after the boot progress
> bar is displayed I just get a black screen, i rebooted again and it
> BSOD with 7B again.
>
> The vista vm has 2gb ram and 8 cpus.

Could you please test with both pae=0 and pae=1 and see if either works?
Windows 2003 appears to only enable pae when it is required (eg when you
have more than about 3.5G of memory), but from the information I have
been getting it appears that Vista and 2008 enable it always.

Do you have a copy of windows 2008 you can try? I will test that shortly
but I would like to know if it behaves the same way as Vista for you...

Thanks

James