[Xen-users] virtual networking

To: "Xen Users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] virtual networking
From: Guillaume <guillaume.chardin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:05:34 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 03:06:14 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition; bh=ZjngMsmUKvXQu6LgdTZxCxIUgff6228WKjloWvAcGCk=; b=omaJd0v21pA4CKeqayzYUq4V+Xd2nEjFRQ1iqyO8WelbIQ+/keAhg5x4fJl1pUXhhg 0ax3LecpkzxkQxraQep9SUV7bwEVGiffqUtxE0Ko3XjBrFy8td6k0/CP3Ze37uwicZc+ gNAg2ASS/DUzu7cUKA1WGYYuARlytnDroKpbY=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I try to configure a xen dom0 with many pvDomU. I have some issue with network.
The point is i want to secure my system and i want to create a
"virtual network" shared by some domU, and then configure routing on
dom0 to allow access from certain host to domU.
I want to create a virtual network interface physicaly not connected
to real network, and independant from kernel point of view (not a
bridged interface).
Is there a xen-script to do this ? or, I have to create this on my own
? If i have to create it, what is the kernel module i have to check
and which command i have to use to create the new dev (MAKEDEV,
ifconfig etc..)

Here is a diagram of what i want to do :

Virtual Net ---------(ethvirt)[Dom0](eth0)------physical
for DomUs                                  ^          network

                                                 +-- (bridge) for some domU

Thanks for your help.

---
Guillaume