Re: [Xen-users] Credit Scheduler

To: Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Credit Scheduler
From: Florian Schmaus <flo4lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 16:37:49 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 07:36:33 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Both domUs have 2 VCPUs:

Name ID VCPUs CPU State Time(s) CPU Affinity
Domain-0                        0     0             0   r--    1738.8 0
Domain-0                         0     1             1   -b-     532.0 1
web 6 0 1 r-- 422829.0 any cpu web 6 1 0 --- 422758.0 any cpu boinc 2 0 0 -b- 5096.9 any cpu boinc 2 1 1 -b- 928.2 any cpu

Florian

Dustin Henning wrote:
        Just a wild guess, but do both domUs have single VCPUs with a
different CPU assigned?  It seems reasonable to assume that the domUs would
have to be using the same CPU(s) in order for the priority to come into
play.  Assuming I am correct there, they should have the same CPU assigned
if they are using one VCPU; if they are using two VCPUs then they should
each be using both CPUs anyway, and in either of the aforementioned
scenarios, the priority should come in to play.
        Dustin