[Xen-users] Problems with Vista SP 1 guest

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Problems with Vista SP 1 guest
From: Matthew Donovan <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 15:00:15 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:51:23 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a FC 8 machine with Xen 3.1.2 installed.  I have installed Vista
guests before but now it seems that when you install Service Pack 1 the
guest can't start (and stay running) reliably.  I have one guest w/o SP 1
which I copied and updated.  The pre-SP guest runs fine.  The post-upgrade
machine reboots over and over.

I also installed a version of Vista that already had SP 1 on it (i.e. I
didn't install the service pack through Windows Update) and I can barely get
it all installed.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

-matthew