Re: [Xen-users] looking for a better way to graph XEN bandwidth usage

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] looking for a better way to graph XEN bandwidth usage
From: Freddie Cash <fjwcash@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:22:47 -0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:23:23 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On November 24, 2008 07:17 am Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> We host a few XEN VPS for clients, and I need a better way to graph
> the bandwidth / traffic usage on a per VPS basis. We currently use
> Cacti, but it keeps falling over and we're currently loosing a lot of
> money due to the problems with Cacti.
>
> Does anyone know of a fool proof script / program that can monitor the
> VPS bandwidth usage?

Plain MRTG, using RRD logformat, with routers2.cgi to graph the data from
the .rrd files.  Be sure to add "SnmpEnableV3: yes", and to use the ifHC*
OIDs (64-bit counters).  You'll also need to put :::::2 at the end of the
Target[] line to enable the ifHC* counter checking in MRTG.

We're using this to graph CPU, RAM, Swap, and NIC data for the dom0 and
each domU on our Xen box.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@xxxxxxxxx