RE: [Xen-users] Guest WinXP cannot recognize USB?

To: <kcobler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Guest WinXP cannot recognize USB?
From: XuNanxuan <nanxuan_xu@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 16:20:40 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 08:21:30 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for your advice.
But, no matter I insert or eject my USB, the info shown after "lsusb" is the same on my Dom0. What's the reason? (my Dom0 do can recognize my usb since there's an icon on the desktop representing my USB)

> Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:07:45 -0600
> From: kcobler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: nanxuan_xu@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Guest WinXP cannot recognize USB?
> CC: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> XuNanxuan wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > My guest WinXP cannot recognize other USBs except keyboard and mouse.
> > So I cannot send files to my guest except for using network. Is there
> > any suggest?
> > Thanks!
> >
> I have had trouble getting USB to be released by inux and allow the
> guest Windows OS to operate.
>
> This is my understanding of what steps are required to get a USB device
> available to guest OS:
>
> Perform lsusb to fi nd the vendor ID and the product ID for the device
> you want Windows to have access, then add that USB device to your vm
> config file.
>
> For example, lsusb produces:
> Bus 005 Device 005: ID 1241:1603 Belkin
>
> I want to let my Windows XP VM have access to the device, I add the
> following to the USB section of the vm config file:
> usb=1
> usbdevice='host:1241:1603'
>
> Delete the old vm. Create the new vm with the new vm config file.
>
> xm delete windowsxp
> xm create windowsxp
>
> Ken

八卦娱乐包打听,MSN资讯速递帮你忙! 了解详细!