RE: [Xen-users] windows 2008 server x86 + 3 gb memory

To: "Vladimir Elizarov" <xengelpublicx@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] windows 2008 server x86 + 3 gb memory
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 09:15:12 +1100
Delivery-date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:15:56 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello!
>
> I'me run windows 2008 server in Debian etch amd64 8 gb memory.
> if given > 2gb memory to w2k8. dom0 is down.
> In no logs anything interesting.

By 'dom0 is down' do you mean that the Dom0 crashes when you start the
DomU?

With >2G of memory, I think Windows may try and switch into PAE mode
(assuming it's 2003 x32 - you didn't say). For 3G of memory you may
still be able to get away with pae=0 if that makes it work.

The Etch packages backported from Lenny are generally better, but you'll
need a patch to make them work with 2008.

James