Re: [Xen-users] Performance of network block devices (iSCSI)

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've deliberately not put the iSCSI initiator in Dom0 as I want to run the
> absolute minimum in Dom0. Also, putting the iSCSI initiator in Dom0 makes it
> harder to move a VM to another host - having it in the DomU means that the
> VM can be moved without any config changes.

you should really try that.  the different nature of net- and
block-devices means that there are a lot less context switches per MB
transferred, and the point of acknowledging makes a huge difference in
latency sensibility.

about migrations, just make sure that the iSCSI volume is available
from all Dom0's.  of course, it won't be used on those where that
specific DomU isn't running.

--
Javier