[Xen-users] Problem with cpu and virtual extension

To: xen list <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Problem with cpu and virtual extension
From: helicoterus-elih@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:12:11 +0000 (GMT)
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 03:12:54 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ and an Asus M2N-MX SE PLUS
(bios 503) mainboard.

I installed 64 bit OpenSuse 11 and Xen. I would like to create some 64 bit hvm
machines but it does not works.
This Athlon must have virtualization extensions, I enable it (secure virtual
machine) in bios options, but...
When I run xen /proc/cpuinfo reports that I have not svm flags.
When I run normal kernel /proc/cpuinfo reports that I HAVE svm flags.

Xen kernel: 2.6.25.18-0.2-xen x86_64
normal kernel: 2.6.25.18-0.2-default x86_64

XEN KERNEL CPUINFO:

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 107
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 2712.356
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 1
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu de tsc msr pae cx8 apic mtrr cmov pat clflush mmx fxsr
sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow rep_good pni cx16
lahf_lm cmp_legacy extapic cr8_legacy 3dnowprefetch
bogomips        : 5426.37
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 107
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 2712.356
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 1
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 1
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu de tsc msr pae cx8 apic mtrr cmov pat clflush mmx fxsr
sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow rep_good pni cx16
lahf_lm cmp_legacy extapic cr8_legacy 3dnowprefetch
bogomips        : 5426.37
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps

NORMAL KERNEL CPUINFO:

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 107
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 2712.322
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt rdtscp lm
3dnowext 3dnow rep_good pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy
3dnowprefetch
bogomips        : 5429.87
[...]

bogomips        : 5424.74
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps

      Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di
fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo