[Xen-users] Bridged networking not working as expected

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Bridged networking not working as expected
From: "Rustedt, Florian" <Florian.Rustedt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:38:04 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 02:38:44 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello list,

I am trying to connect 16 machines. I changed the loopback-values to
255.

If i now start all machines and try networking, about the half couldn't
connect the internet but get an IP and can ping the dom0. So i decided
to seperate them into 4 bridges, so vm 0-3 are on bridge "cluster0", 4-7
are on "cluster1" and so on...

For that, i changed my xend-config.sxp:
#(network-script network-bridge)
(network-script network-bridge bridge=cluster0 vifnum=0)
(network-script network-bridge bridge=cluster1 vifnum=1)
(network-script network-bridge bridge=cluster2 vifnum=2)
(network-script network-bridge bridge=cluster3 vifnum=3)

But this didn't work. Restart of xend did no error-messages, but neither
did install four bridges. If i add "bridge=cluster0" to a virtual
machine and start it, i get the error that the bridge is missing.

So there are two main questions for me:

1. WHY is bridged networking only working for half of the vms'?
2. What's the fault in my "bridge-multiply"-config?

Kind regards, Florian
IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the
named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager or
the sender immediately and do