From: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] GPL PV Intermitent Network Problems
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:29:23 +1100

Nick,

I have built a xenpci.sys that will tell Windows not to give it an IRQ
under 16. Other than testing that it doesn't crash I haven't given it
any other testing. You can download it at:
http://www.meadowcourt.org/downloads/xenpci.sys.no_irq_under_16.xp.bin

rename the downloaded file to xenpci.sys and copy it to
c:\windows\system32\drivers, then reboot.

I also have a windows 2003 version there.

If, for some reason, windows won't assign an irq > 16 to it then a boot
with /GPLPV will probably fail (bug check 0x7b), but you should still be
able to reboot without /GPLPV.

Let me know how it goes. If it boots, assigns an irq > 16, and your
stability problems go away, then I'll keep the fix in there.

Thanks

James

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information. In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox. Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.