Re: [Xen-users] converting full to para

To: Paras pradhan <pradhanparas@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] converting full to para
From: John Haxby <john.haxby@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:24:28 +0000
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, et-mgmt-tools@xxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 02:25:12 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Paras pradhan wrote:
virt-p2v was able to convert my centOS 5.2 physical machine to xen virtual machine and it runs great. Now, I am working on to convert this full virt machine to para virt .

Under my domU i have installed kernel-xen (since it is needed ) , and edited my grub menu to use the installed kernel. [snip]
Red Hat nash version 5.1.19.6 <http://5.1.19.6> starting
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  No volume groups found
  Volume group "VolGroup00" not found
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
---

I think you're missing the xenblk driver. Try editing /etc/modprobe.conf to look like this:

   alias eth0 xennet
   alias scsi_hostadapter xenblk

and then

   mkinitrd -f /boot/initrd-2.6.18-92.1.17.el5xen.img 2.6.18-92.1.17.el5xen

jch