AW: [Xen-users] Live migration and drbd

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: AW: [Xen-users] Live migration and drbd
From: "Rustedt, Florian" <Florian.Rustedt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:07:48 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 01:08:31 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
No no,

that's not right!!
You definetly need an network-filesystem for drbd primary/primary!
There are TWO systems, that access files for writing and both are not running
the same kernel ergo doesn't "know", that the other side is actually
locking/writing a file!

So you need OCFS & co. For doing the file-locking....

Regards, Florian