Re: [Xen-users] Do i need HVM support of cpu to use xen ?

To: "Samul Kevin" <lovesummerf@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Do i need HVM support of cpu to use xen ?
From: Thomas Ronner <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 13:58:26 +0100
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 04:59:08 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 5 Nov 2008, at 13:42, Samul Kevin wrote:

i am using ubuntu 8.04 and my cpu is p4 2.6g (single core) which definitely DON'T support VT tech and of course there could't be "disable vt" options in BIOS. I am now wondering that whether i could use xen to emulate guest operating system without the support of vt in cpu? Are there some command or scripts to forbid it?

It's not possible to create HVM domains without VT support in your CPU. You can use other virtualization software (e.g. qemu or virtualbox) however.

thks
--
Bowen Ma a.k.a Samul Kevin @ Bluesky Dev Team    XJTU

Regards, Thomas