Re: [Xen-users] What packages ubuntu-xen-server & ubuntu-xen-desktop are

To: bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] What packages ubuntu-xen-server & ubuntu-xen-desktop are up to on intrepid
From: Tim Post <echo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 03:08:12 +0800
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Schulze <avlex@xxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 11:09:07 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 10:06 -0800, Boris Derzhavets wrote:
> Paul,
> Current Xen 3.2 port to Hardy works fine regarding issues i was
> concerned about:-
>
> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/110728/index.html
> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/110642/index.html
> http://librenix.com/?inode=12795

I'm using a modified version of the OpenSUSE 2.6.25.16 kernel on both
without issue (with Hardy and Intrepid). My configs:

64 bit HV, 32 bit PAE dom 0, mixed 32/64 guests (working fine)
32 bit HV, 32 bit PAE dom 0, 32 bit guests (working fine)
64 bit HV, 64 bit dom 0, mixed 32/64 bit guests (almost working fine,
time still goes backwards even with jiffies)

This is the same with both HV versions, plus xen-unstable.

So, unless you have ram beyond the reach of PAE .. I recommend
installing a 32 bit dom-0, 64 bit HV and 32 bit PAE dom-0 kernel ..
while waiting for dom-0 ops in mainline.

I hope to have the kernels out this week via hg/git, even if still buggy
with a 64 bit dom-0. I'm using this as a stop-gap only, while waiting.

Cheers,
--Tim