RE: [Xen-users] Power Management (cpufreq) in Xen 3.3

To: 'Mike Brady' <mike.brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Power Management (cpufreq) in Xen 3.3
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:45:45 +0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:46:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nothing is missing except a tool. :-) /proc/cpuinfo or other linux
equivalent interfaces can't reveal cpufreq information, because
now freq scaling is controlled by Xen instead of dom0, and there's
no fixed mapping between dom0's vcpu and underlying real cpus.
In 3.3, xen does exports hypercall to query runtime cpufreq info
in libxc library, however no tool is using at the time. In post-3.3,
we actually developed a so-called 'xenpm' utility for such purpose.
We're back-porting it to xen-3.3 tree, and you should be able to
see it soon.

For now, if you don't see any error-type msg, it just indicates
xen-cpufreq working well, but yes, no detail info yet.

Thanks,
Kevin