Re: [Xen-users] Intel DQ45CB iommu/vt-d?

To: "Axel Schöner" <axel.schoener@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Intel DQ45CB iommu/vt-d?
From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 19:47:42 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:48:22 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=teYds5IL7BCxoG4YQ1UhuWZ5E2OyOxqLN4zlKLTcleo=; b=Ue8E7Huuwkc127FSIAlFGoME1jspHt2wqnYbtvP0YJ8NTtMi8kke5pygkeb/6frOP7 PmcFP5Xx+6AzmIGy9rYqKQKZvBi/4PB+2RVzMZyssdH4rhS3gPusGkJUsZMeRfXLuxHX 8Z3m87GdXbUj+FgS1pQrnggOHz8biuZxJKnzY=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 7:34 PM, "Axel Schöner" <axel.schoener@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I' ve tested also xen-testing by mercurial this day.
> I will try it with xen-unstable in the next days, when there is time for it.
> But i think it could also be a bios related problem.
> I had same results with the q35 after biosupdate, restoring it to the first
> bios cleared the situation.
>
> The motivation to write these mails was to find someone who can answer me if
> there are possibilities at the moment to use this feature or if i have to
> wait to a working bios or a newer xen-release.
>
> I think my problem is the bios or xen.

There are quite of few Intel developers that are on xen-devel, they are probably
best at trouble-shooting VT-d, but coming to xen-users first to find
out if it is
a common problem is a really good idea. I personally haven't heard any reports
either positive or negative on the DQ45CB, but it is listed on the xen VTd wiki
page.

Trying xen-unstable and then, if necessary, sending the problem through
xen-devel to find out if the problem is bios or Xen VT-d related is a good
next step.

Cheers,
Todd

--