[Xen-users] mini-ITX Feasibility...

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] mini-ITX Feasibility...
From: fatmcgav <fatmcgav@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 10:25:25 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 10:26:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi all,

i'm looking at building a Mini-ITX XEN box to run a
NAS/WebServer/uPNP/Mail/sandbox server.

Hardware wise i'm looking at:
Chenbro  http://www.chenbro.com/corporatesite/products_detail.php?serno=100
ES34069
Jetway
http://www.jetway.com.tw/jw/ipcboard_view.asp?proname=NC81-LF&productid=515
NC81-LF  AM2+ Mini-itx
Athlon 64 X2 or Phenom X4 AM2+ Processor
4 Gb (2x 2Gb) 667Mhz DDR2 SO-DIMM memory
80Gb 2.5" IDE Boot drive
4x 500GB 3.5" SATA Drives in a Raid5 array giving 1.5Tb before formatting.

Now my thoughts on Dom layouts is a CentOS 5.2 x86_64 Dom0 which is doing
purely Xen.

The 4 3.5" HDD's will be passed through to a domU Openfiler instance, which
will handle the MDRaid array, and provide Cifs/Samba/iSCSI for network file
storage and xen storage.
LAMP will probably be covered by another CentOS domU.
uPNP, SlimServer etc will be an Ubunutu DomU.
May then run a couple of sanbox DomU's aswell...

So, my questions are:
a) Does this set-up sound feasible/practical?
b) Am i better off spending the extra money on a PhenomX4, or can i get away
with a 64X2?
c) Any other comments/ideas?

Cheers
Gavin