[Xen-users] FreeBSD on Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] FreeBSD on Xen
From: Bhasker C V <bhasker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 21:52:38 +0530
Delivery-date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 09:23:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

 I am a newbie to Xen and i am learning Xen as a user.

I installed Xen on my old but still faithful box PIII 256MB RAM machine and had tried running debian as DomU and it runs like piece of cake.

I wanted to explore more and thus moved to trying out FreeBSD. I got hold of the DomU kernel available at serveral websites only to find later that Xen 3.0.3 cannot run this non-specifically built kernel.
So, I bumped upon this site
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/FreeBSDdomU

I tried all the steps but could not make FreeBSD up and running.

I get the same error

Error: (22, 'Invalid argument')

Can someone point me to a FreeBSD kernel which I can use for setting up the FreeBSD DomU as-well-as kernel which can run later

OR

 can someone please help me fix this problem and run FreeBSD as DomU ?

thanks

--
Bhasker C V
Registered Linux user: #306349 (counter.li.org)