RE: [Xen-users] announcement : xen based opensource platformlive(beta te

To: "Daniel Schwager" <Daniel.Schwager@xxxxxxxx>, <echo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] announcement : xen based opensource platformlive(beta test)
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 11:51:56 -0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 10:52:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here's one of the issues I can think of: is the EULA for your software or for the software you're providing as a demo?  If you need a EULA for YOUR software (the software that allows a remote connection to these Xen-based VMs, I'm guessing you'll also need to provide a EULA for the software being evaluated (e.g. Evolution, etc.), since you don't own the license/copyright for that software.  You may need to provide the EULA for the software being evaluated.  I'm no legal expert, so I can say that for sure, but that's generally required when downloading/accessing shared software like that, and I believe the GPL requires it.

-Nick

>>> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at  4:51 AM, "Daniel Schwager" <Daniel.Schwager@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Tim,

> > http://www.softwaredemo.de/Open-Source-Live-Systeme.142.0.html?&L=1
>
> Sorry, you lost me at your EULA for more reasons than I have time to
type.
Ups !

Thanks for this info !

The EULA has to write (we did copy it from ......)

So, do you know a EULA we can adapt the community using the platform ?
At the moment, we spend more time in the platform itself (software) than
the EULA ...

Sorry for this - samples or links to "better" EULA's will be welcome (-:

Regards
Danny

> Cheers,
> --Tim

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information. In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox. Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.