RE: [Xen-users] dumU unable receiving mails

To: 'Stephen Liu' <satimis@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] dumU unable receiving mails
From: "Joseph L. Casale" <JCasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:43:18 -0600
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 07:44:01 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Port 25 of "External IP" forward to local IP of xen3.satimis.com

<VBG>, I wanted to know what the actual IP is, you stated "its" forwarded.
What is it?

>> It looks like you have 3 mx records, does the highest priority
>> resolve to the forwarded IP of your xen server? Where do the other
>> two go?
>
>Sorry I don't follow.  Please explain in more detail.  Thanks.

Well, your DNS records show 3 smtp servers designated to receive
for your domain. I don't know your topology, and this can be fairly
involved. Lets make sure your xen3 instance has the one with highest
priority (10)

MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mail.satimis.com
MX preference = 20, mail exchanger = smtp.secureserver.net
MX preference = 30, mail exchanger = mailstore1.secureserver.net

Now what is the external IP on your xen server, I hope for now it
is 220.232.213.178?

>> What MTA are you using? Does it know its being nat'ed?
>
>Postfix and dovecot.  Where I have to check?

Ok, to start you need to spend time here: http://www.postfix.com :)

Proxy info:
http://www.postfix.com/postconf.5.html#proxy_interfaces
Banner info:
http://www.postfix.com/postconf.5.html#myhostname

There are many more factors here. How do the other two smtp servers
route mail back to your primary, or can all of them reach your mailbox
server? Lots to figure out... Join postfix users, MANY bright people
on that list.

jlc