[Xen-users] Windows SP, high CPU utilization xmtop after unpause

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Windows SP, high CPU utilization xmtop after unpause
From: "Daniel Schwager" <Daniel.Schwager@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 15:41:59 +0200
Cc: Daniel Schwager <Daniel.Schwager@xxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 06:43:04 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm running xen-3.2.2-stable on a fedora-core8.

I paused my Windows-XP-HVM-DomU for about 2 hours.

After this time, i unpause it, but I can't ping it and the VNC does not
allow any mouse/keyboard input.

If I wait about 30 seconds after unpausing, all ping/vnc will work fine
again.
Within these 30 seconds, the xmtop shows 100% CPU utilization for this
DomU.

Could
        a) somebody confirm this behaviour
        b) maybe help me to track down this problem ?

/var/log/xen/xend.log shows the "normal" pause/unpause log-entries,
Nothing special.

With a linux-HVM-DomU, there's no such a problem.

<------ Part  of the configuration of the Window-HVM (xm list -l ..)
----->
(domain
    (domid 67)
    (on_crash destroy)
    (uuid f26f790a-d4f1-a6f1-0ca2-ffb7a5d594ec)
    (bootloader_args )
    (vcpus 1)
    (name POOL7-aucotec-VM128)
    (on_poweroff destroy)
    (on_reboot restart)
    (bootloader )
    (maxmem 384)
    (memory 384)
    (shadow_memory 4)
    (features )
    (on_xend_start ignore)
    (on_xend_stop ignore)
    (start_time 1222513629.17)
    (cpu_time 30.179615824)
    (online_vcpus 1)
   (image
        (hvm
            (kernel /usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader)
            (acpi 1)
            (apic 1)
            (boot c)
            (device_model /usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-dm)
            (pae 1)
            (rtc_timeoffset 7016)
            (serial pty)
            (usb 1)