[Xen-users] How to check/test network performance?

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] How to check/test network performance?
From: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:46:22 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:47:08 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What's the best way to check the network performance of a domU? I have a
bunch of pv linux servers, mostly SLES10SP1. When using scp for doing
copying to and from other machines, either xen or non-xen, I typically
see only about 1.2 MB/s. It seems very slow. Otherwise performance seems
fine.

dom0 is SLES10SP1 with a gigabit network connection.

Any suggestions or tests I could run?

Thanks,
James