[Xen-users] xen 3.3.0 etch sources console hangs

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xen 3.3.0 etch sources console hangs
From: Holm Kapschitzki <holm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 12:46:04 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 03:48:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I installed xen 3.3.0 on a etch box from sources. I just modified the standard kernel cause of some hardware drivers. I installed xen-tools from backports (3.9-3~bpo40+1). To create a domU ist not the problem. I can connect via ssh and everything works fine. But when i start a domU with "xm create host.example.tld.cfg -c" to login to console from domU it hangs after the message "IPv6 over IP4 tunneling driver" or "EXT3 FS on hda2, internal Journal". But the domU is starting without any complications. Just to see the domU booting via "xm create host.example.tld.cfg -c doesnt work correctly.

Is there any problem with serial console or something had to be build in kernel? I wonder cause i use the standard kernel configuration like described above.

Holm