Re: [Xen-users] Domain Crashes everyday

Jerry Amundson schrieb:
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Stefan de Konink <skinkie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Did you ever look at the memory footprint of xend after two days of
>> running? That thing is one big memory leak.
>
> Such a statement should at least include a link to the bugzilla entry
> regarding the problem, or even better, a patch to fix it. ;-)

Actually, I'm unable to confirm that issue in general, maybe it's some
problem with particular python versions and/or xen tools versions.
A recent look on a dom0 hosting 26 averaged loaded domUs showed xend
consuming about 350M out 2G available at dom0 after an uptime of 60
days. System is 3.2.0 x86_64 2.6.18.8-xen w/ ubuntu gutsy userland.

The only time i faced similar problem that the OP wrote, was when
running backported distro kernels at domU. 2.6.18.8-xen never showed
such issues on 32 as well as on 64bit.

cheers,

Stephan