[Xen-users] (no subject)

To: "Xen-users" <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] (no subject)
From: "juzi0730" <juzi0730@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:03:59 +0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 06:04:42 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have some questions about schedulers in Xen 3.1.0.

These days I have performed some experiments to examine the impact of scheduler parameters on the performance application.
But to my surprise, the results are not consistent with some instructions in many papers.
I used the credit scheduler, and two guest domains, one ran an I/O intensive application, and a CPU intensive application ran in another domain. I found that the performance of my i/o intensive application was severely influenced by the cpu intensive domain.
As many documents said, if using the credit scheduler, I/O intensive domain will preempt CPU intensive ones immediately when they become runnable. They will not wait a full time slice. Well, why my i/o intensive application was severely influenced by the CPU intensive domain, the performance was worse obviously?

regards,
Sharon

2008-08-27

juzi0730