[Xen-users] Xen 3.2 Laptop Networking

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3.2 Laptop Networking
From: "S.A." <qmt9z3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:05:29 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:06:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I am trying to setup the networking on a Xen Ubuntu
(Hardy) host on my laptop. I have the basic networking
working and guest is able to use the eth0/peth0
bridging mechanism to communicate to the world.

Is it possible to setup a dummy interface and bridge
in Xen 3.2, along the lines outlined in RedHat
Virtualization manual:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.2/html/Virtualization/sect-Virtualization-Virtualized_network_devices-Laptop_network_configuration.html

The above works for Xen 3.0.

My attempt to define dummy0 interface and then
invoke the bridge script as following:
-----
#!/bin/sh
XEN_SCRIPTS="/etc/xen/scripts"
$XEN_SCRIPTS/network-bridge "$@" netdev=dummy
bridge=dummy vifnum=0
-----
did not go well.

Any suggestions and/or comments on how to setup
a separate private virtual network between the host
and guests and then bridge it to the public physical
wired or wireless connection, using Xen 3.2?

Thanks