Re: [Xen-users] Converting full virtualized Linux domUs to use paravirtu

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 03:16:28PM +0300, Pekka.Panula@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote on 12.08.2008 14:47:02:
>
> > Other option is to convert the HVM guest to paravirtual domU.
>
> I am mainly wanting to convert HVM as para domU, is there any docs about
> that?

Hmm.. basicly it should be something like:

- in HVM guest: yum install kernel-xen
- in HVM guest: make sure /boot/grub/menu.lst contains kernel-xen as a kernel
to boot
- in dom0: update your guest/domU cfgfile, make sure you use pygrub to load the
kernel+initrd from domU.

That should be it..

-- Pasi