Re: [Xen-users] xen-friendly glibc

To: "Geetha, ANGLER - EIT" <geetha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen-friendly glibc
From: Tej <bewith.tej@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 10:56:30 +0530
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 22:27:09 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=BOtYhy0b7rqnugF7iYG7LgZDihY2yrHE0IPgS/sxfvY=; b=U1CbqOUYSwO30SMeFFZ8oAR42OzUtPTOjgV0VRLhuKFq0XuIfL1Aln9kLjED84GAZK Wk+B6uUvV0QhgfZZssDjjClebBobShGP7zieHddH/GV1MQzCzhBd9SuWqauAkDLoye+7 MyEPpmOSWudTopECBfJnvcPPEJEhW4gUl0Jk0=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 8/6/08, Geetha, ANGLER - EIT <geetha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to Xen implementation. Please help me for this issue.
>
> First i will explain my setup, we have an remote server with Xen and we
> are uploading our images to that server and working on it.. for that we
> are paying.
>
> I have uploaded the slackware12.1 image to the Xen server. It is working
> fine but while booting time getting below warning

> *
>
>       *       WARNING: Currently emulating unsupported memory accesses
> **
>       *       in /lib/tls glibc libraries. The emulation is **
>       *       slow. To ensure full performance you should **
>       *       install a 'xen-friendly' (nosegneg) version of **
>       *       the library, or disable tls support by executing **
>       *       the following as root: **
>       *       mv /lib/tls /lib/tls.disabled **
>       *       Offending process: init (pid=1) **

> I have rebuilt the glibc with "-mno-tls-direct-seg-refs" option and
> installed it then sysvinit, mdadm packages
>
> but still getting same warning.
>

> Please help me to resolve this issue..

i am not sure you have googled this issues because it is well known

Anyway: Suggested patch
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-changelog/2006-10/msg00262.html

@followink link.
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-changelog/2006-10/msg00262.html