[Xen-users] Out of SW-IOMMU space for 7222 bytes at device ...: swiotlb

To: XEN Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Out of SW-IOMMU space for 7222 bytes at device ...: swiotlb or dom0_mem?
From: Chris Joelly <chris-m-lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:07:14 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 05:08:12 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

i am experiencing some strange errors from the xen kernel, all related
to SATA and SAS raid controllers, 3ware and LSI in my setup:

03:00.0 RAID bus controller: 3ware Inc 9650SE SATA-II RAID (rev 01)
08:00.0 SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1064ET
PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS (rev 04)

Erros:
Out of SW-IOMMU space for 7222 bytes at device ...

i found somwhere on the internet that increasing dom0_mem and swiotlb
should do the trick, but thats unfortunately not true for my setup ...

can anybody tell whats this swiotlb value and how can i calculate a
appropriate value?

Chris

--
"The greatest proof that intelligent life other that humans exists in
 the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us!"