Re: [Xen-users] Finally got CentOS installed as domU onSLES10SP2dom0, bu

To: "Xen List" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "James Pifer" <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Finally got CentOS installed as domU onSLES10SP2dom0, but....
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 16:52:32 -0600
Delivery-date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 15:53:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As far as I know it should work on SLES10SP1, yes.  When you transferred it to the SLES10SP1 machine, did the path to the disk file change and did you make sure to change it the config file?

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 10:26 -0600, Nick Couchman wrote:
> This seems to be a bug in SLES10 SP2 - you need to edit
> the /etc/xen/vm/<domU Name> file and add the line:
>
> root="/dev/<root dev> ro"
>

> So, if you're domU is call centos and your root dev is /dev/xvda1, add
> the line as follows to the /etc/xen/vm/centos file:
>
> root="/dev/xvda1 ro"

This worked on my SLES10SP2 machine. I transferred it to a SLES10SP1
server and have the exact same problem. Modifying the config file did
not work this time. Should it work on SP1?

Thanks,
James

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information. In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox. Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.