Re: [Xen-users] RE: Problem with GPLPV drivers 0.9.11.pre8

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] RE: Problem with GPLPV drivers 0.9.11.pre8
From: jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 09:25:30 -0400
Delivery-date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 06:26:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun July 20 2008 6:32:13 am Andy Burns wrote:
> This is on the same physical dom0, but now with Centos 5.2 + xen 3.2.0
> instead of Fedora8 + 3.1.3, the domU has been re-created (for a change
> of LVM mount point) does anyone know if a different domU UUID or NIC's
> MAC address passes sufficiently different info into the domU that
> triggers windows into doing this?

Reactivating Windows has been a minor annoyance for me. I think only once has
it asked me for a key. It just goes out to the internet and comes back and
says 'OK'.

I hard code my UUID into my domain's config, (not to mention the mac), and
didn't suffer any problems when Fedora upgraded from 3.1.0 to 3.1.3. Changing
your disk= parm *should* have no effect (unless maybe if the geometry is
different). In fact, back when the netfront drivers still worked (they stopped
working for some reason after that same xen upgrade), I got no activation
request from going back and forth between netfront and realtek (altho' I never
changed the mac either).