Re: [Xen-users] Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug sc

To: Daniel Kao <dkao@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working. (CentOS 5.2 x86_64, Xen 3.2.1)
From: Stefan de Konink <skinkie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:19:16 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 03:20:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Daniel Kao wrote:

> Bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
> eth0            8000.001cc02f9789       no              peth0
> virbr0          8000.000000000000       yes
>
> Not sure where to start looking.  I've tried "virbr0", "peth0" and
> "eth0" under the vif line with the same error message.  I must be
> missing something.  Help!  Thanks in advance!

I debugged this problem yesterday. Some nice people (Yes Daniel YOU!) have
added a stateful configuration together with libvirt. To get your xen
config working again do the following:

- go to /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks
- rm default.xml; rm autostart/default.xml
- cd /var/lib/xend/state/
- edit: network.xml, and remove the complete section of virbr0

(The last thing must be possible by some obscure xenstore-rm command, I
don't know it...)

Now if you got this far, reboot your pc, your virbr0 should be gone, and
everything works again. File your complaints to libvirt for automatic
screwups.

Stefan