Re: [Xen-users] Xen guests clock is exactly 2 hours before dom0 time

To: "Xen Users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen guests clock is exactly 2 hours before dom0 time
From: "Ralf Hornik Mailings" <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:42:26 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 01:42:31 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi List,

"John Haxby" <john.haxby@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Somewhere along the lines, I think this has broken down with your machine. It looks as though system time is actually +0200 in dom0. I'd start by looking closely at the output of date in dom0 -- is it CEST?

Just for information,

My Unix VM's where not affected. The time zone was set to GMT +1 (automatically CEST) to all servers (Dom0, and Win2k3 VM) but after some days the time did fall back -2 hours on Win2k3 without changing the current timezone. Dom0 kept its time.

My suggestion was the gplpv driver on the Windows Server that serves the time to the others. XP with gplpv was also affected, when I set the time there manually. However booting once out of gplpv to try to reproduce it let the time difference dissapear, even when booting back into gplpv...Now I switched back to independend_wallclock -> 0

At present (for 4 days) the time did not change any more...

Regards Ralf

--
alles bleibt anders...