[Xen-users] Can't Allocate Memory

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Can't Allocate Memory
From: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 11:49:49 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 08:50:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've had this problem on several occasions and it's a pain. When I try
configure another domU using virt-manager I get a can't allocate memory
error. My dom0 is limited with the startup parameter dom0_mem=2048M. The
system has 14 gig of RAM. It's running SLES 10SP1. It let's me select
the amount of RAM and says 8GB is available. In this case I'm only
choosing 512meg.

I know if I restart the server, or stop and restart xend and xendomains
it will clear up this issue, for a while anyway.

Is there any way to clear things up without a restart? I really don't
want to bring down the other running domU's.

Thanks,
James