[Xen-users] Windows HVM hda & hdb both have active partitions - which on

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Windows HVM hda & hdb both have active partitions - which one boots?
From: "Stephen Quintero" <stephen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 14:50:44 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 14:51:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I have a Windows appliance which I would like to always boot using the active
partition on disk 0 (hda).  In operation this appliance is booted with one or
more disks (hdb, hdc) which may or may not also contain an active (bootable)
partition.

In practice, if disk 1 (hdb) also contains an active partition, the appliance
boots from disk 1 rather than disk 0.

Is there a way to control this?  Ordinarily the boot device would be set in
BIOS.

Any insight into this problem would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Stephen