RE: [Xen-users] CD-ROM problem when installing Windows server

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] CD-ROM problem when installing Windows server
From: "Olson, A Peter, JR (Peter)" <peterolson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 16:34:52 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 14:35:33 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jason,
I found that I had to manually edit the VM config file to add
the cdrom in the Disk section. For example I added:

Disk = [ "file:/location/disk.img,had,w" ,
"file:/location/en_ws_2003_ent_sp2_vl.is,hdb:cdrom,r"]

Where /location is the directory you have the ISO image stored.
It then is able to boot and mount the CD-ROM on the 2nd boot.

Good luck,
-Peter

Message: 1