Re: [Xen-users] Startup-Hook Script ?

Steffen Heil wrote:
Hi

I did include "bootloader = /usr/bin/pygrub" in my config (and the root
partition does have a /boot/grub/menu.lst"), but xm create states that the
bootloader did not return any data.

My root partition is a LVM-based xfs filesystem.

I don't think pygrub supports xfs. Try ext3.
On xen-3.2.1 pygrub supports ext2/3, fat, iso9660, reiserfs, and ufs. Since I use pygrub from xen-unstable, I also have zfs support.

Try this :
pygrub -i /dev/your_vg/your_lv ;echo

On a properly-configured-and-recognized root, pygrub will popup a grub-like boot menu.
If the fs type is not recognized, pygrub fill show something like :

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 655, in ?
   fs = fsimage.open(file, get_fs_offset(file))
IOError: [Errno 95] Operation not supported

Regards,

Fajar