[Xen-users] Xen + NAT + dhcp (static assignment using MAC)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen + NAT + dhcp (static assignment using MAC)
From: "Sang Oh" <sangoh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:35:38 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:36:13 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :to:subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=z0pdK4RWSqu0kTpYrGa5Z1PvtNvQ2Bz7LKxyQ23EFkI=; b=S6YuPt/uApmRP4yoXegStZmkpp3FN5DMruAMv0S3Ocrd71UQSHQT/JAhW/Tk9xuvsH adul1WuiT/hg9MdhgmaFM1K26tNfUjCJ1GxYTUg+pEddDxmPfxSjcPJ0Xuow1WnBjaXY W4foHzMiDL1oBUjbLTG0J/Pfzfv2RG4ax7wPA=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am using Xen packages that came with CentOS 5.
I am a noob at Xen, so please bear with me.
I tried the tutorials I found on the internet, but none of them seem to work for me.

GOAL: I want the domU machines to have local NATed network connection to the internet via some fixed IP address.

I had no luck trying to get static IPs to work.  (I can ping any machine on the internet, but DNS resolution never worked for me)

domU's getting an IP via dhcp works fine.  (internet connection works as supposed to)
But I am having trouble telling dnsmasq to assign a specific IP to a machine with a specific MAC address.
Here is what I've tried.

/etc/dnsmasq.conf
...snip...
dhcp-host=00:16:3e:4d:bc:30,192.168.122.11
...snip...

But this is being totally ignored.  Am I even modifying the relevant file?
Does dnsmasq handle all dhcp and dns requests from all domU's?

This is minor, but how do I change the network pool?
dhcp request wants to hand out 192.168.122.0 addresses, but I want to change this.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

--
Sang Oh