RE: [Xen-users] xen problem

To: Gerhard Spiegl <gspiegl@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] xen problem
From: AZZOPARDI Konrad <azzopardi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 19:54:01 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:54:38 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tnx, I will do it Monday cause I still do not want to risk. From xend logfile I
tried to compare what my colleague did with what I did and from logfile the
difference I see is this :

[['uname', 'phy:/dev/mapper/rootvg-lintratest02']
['uname', 'tap:aio:/dev/mapper/rootvg-secure_build']

Basically for him, the installer tried to install on a phy: device and for me a
tap:aio file. I wonder why, how does XEN determines which to use. I specified
the --file=/dev/mapper/rootvg-secure_build which is a volume that I created
specifically.

Tnx for your help
konrad