Re: [Xen-users] Cant get console with compiled paravirt_ops kernel

To: Rolf Arne Larsen <rolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Cant get console with compiled paravirt_ops kernel
From: Age_M <Age_M@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:52:59 +0200
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 00:53:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Rolf,

afaik you only need CONFIG_XEN_CONSOLE in your kernel-config.
But does "extra ='2 console=xvc0 xencons=tty'" make any sense?
Maybe you could try:

extra ='2 console=xvc0 xencons=xvc'

But I don't use 'xencons' at all, so I am not sure if it works?

Greetz Age_M

Rolf Arne Larsen wrote:
Sorry i forgot to mention i use debian on my domU's.
I use these settings:
extra ='2 console=xvc0 xencons=tty'
But it doesnt seem to do the trick.
Seems strange it works with ubuntu stock xen kernel but not my 2.6.25.7
w/paravirt_ops kernel.
Could there be some support i forgot to put in my kernel?

//rolf