[Xen-users] DomU occasional Boot hang

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] DomU occasional Boot hang
From: "Ray Fadaie" <ray.fadaie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:12:14 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:12:46 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=JtZEX6wB7aF7++WpfThFtPbr6dA8UPgsmrA7kVk612I=; b=gaD2E2BTMrBm3Ru1OJUEx4oSVfkQ8IqUhc/wCwFx6tKzJlb2oLJSfoqg0IxOwp2E2T HL0BW2rsf37ojuvVdk8TsCE4uMVM6YFgaY7ErOmjVRiexQ+aT2v4hiMoZpDFVn9l3i1E lXQcTV/BzZ9BxGajst6OV8Y77ld4O1usjr+WU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi folks,

I am using Xen on M3A mother board from Assus (64 bit CPU - X4). All the instances are running CentOS 5.1. There is no monitor attached to the server and all the outputs (GRUB, Kernel, Terminals) are sent to the serial console.
Everything works fine except when I try to boot up an instance from Dom0, it hangs during the boot sequence occasionally (rather more often than just occasionally). I cannot pinpoint where exactly it hangs during the boot sequence as it's so random. (rather not-reproducible stably but it happens often enough).
If I can boot the instance up, finally and randomly, everything works fine.
One more thing is that when an instance hangs during the boot up process, the CPU utilization of that specific instance increases to %100. I have to manually shut it down and try again.
Do you guys have any ideas what could be wrong in there?