Re: Fwd: [Xen-users] Unable to create more than 1 VM

On Monday June 16 2008 02:37:20 pm Thomas wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> I am back, and I have good news, I left my console opened after it was
> created, and look what I have found after 5 minutes:
> -------
> INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel
> -------
>
> Here is the configuration file for my DomU:

Hi, Thomas.

> extra='console=xvc0 xencons=xvc0'

My extra= line says:

extra='console=xvc0 xencons=tty'

> And in the /etc/inittab of my DomU:
> -----
> 1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 xvc0

The '1' part of that line is telling getty to start up on tty1. '2' would
start up on tty2, etc. When you tell it to use /dev/xvc0 for tty1, it fails,
and you can't login. When you change xvc0 back to tty1, you can login. The
standard xen line for inittab uses 'co', and is in addition to the other
getty lines:

co:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty xvc0 9600 vt100-nav

Don't know if the order of 'xvc0' and '9600' is significant.

> In my DomU, when I login through ssh, I figured out that I don't have
> any /dev/xvc0, could that be a symptom of my problem?

Definitely. Was that under 2.6.18 or 2.6.21? Did Felix's suggestion help? The
standard xen 2.6.18 *should* have created xvc0 for you.