Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.9 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.9 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows
From: "Kris Adler" <spurfan15@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 22:01:10 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:01:43 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=NEaYjVtD2Ria74PdCtCB8XgTZJ4/hv7yEsV+IucnC28=; b=k1wJ+QzXgJ1XuZDsWYnYcQEr1TLQ4NXqxn1WpjBeeKgpt2IuvxDmxAOK+SSXrt06D7 nQWbhVTAjO0RhAY8x44lfZnkBEwx9nPzuzez1esiSxFtF2cx1lMmfwAbUOvLZZwaps68 U/HM33L4/d8OTD6PGoc8FuSQzEGc9bN/i4UaE=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have a Windows 2000 HVM install on which I'm trying to install the GPLPV drivers. I followed the process, restarted, and put the /gplpv in a copy of my os boot line. The thing is, there are no errors, but nothing really changes. Looking in my device manager, nothing looks different. I still have one unknown PCI device, which has a Xen device ID from looking in the registry. None of the devices show the gplpv drivers installed. I tried manually searching for drivers in the gplpv drivers folder for the unknown PCI device, but it couldn't find any.

My install is on a 5G LVM partition I made, along with a extra 5G LVM I attached to the win2k OS. I installed from a standard win2k installation disk, and had a SP4 disk to update the OS after install. Am I missing Xen devices that should be listed or something? And why isn't that unknown PCI device installing (Ven 5853, dev 0001)?

Regards,

Kris