Re: [Xen-users] Why limit dom0's memory?

On Jun 14, 2008, at 5:35 AM, Gastón Keller wrote:

 I have this wrong, or am I not understanding something?

AFAIK what some people is doing is setting a level of memory for Dom0
for it to never go down that level (giving memory to the guests). That
is, if you set the memory to 1 GB, Dom0 will allocate all your memory
except for that 1 GB. It's a way of ensuring that Dom0 will never run
out of memory.

Ah, thanks! That makes sense. Is there some formula for determining how much memory a dom0 might need, given a system with X amount of RAM, and X number of guests?

        -s-