RE: [Xen-users] Networking problem

To: Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Networking problem
From: Matthew Donovan <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:14:31 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:08:27 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Setting the "bridge=eth0" didn't change anything.

The Vista guest has a network device.  It's IP address comes up as
169.254.28.48 while the host is on a 192.168.1.0 network.

On the working systems (we have more than one in the office) there is
libvirtd and dnsmasq running.  I've seen references to those in other Xen
help stuff (e.g. "libvirtd starts dnsmasq which does dhcp for guest OSes".
Do I need to get a libvirtd running for networking to work?

Thanks
-matthew