[Xen-users] GPLV Drivers 0.9.8 Windows Server 2k3r2 on Debian Etch 64-bi

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] GPLV Drivers 0.9.8 Windows Server 2k3r2 on Debian Etch 64-bit + Backports + Xen 3.2.1 Crashed on first boot.
From: Joti Mail <joti.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:58:17 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:59:08 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from :user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=f+rK9Nvzf5T+P/e3bM3JMMdCW+hBiDszjQtQdJVT4Xs=; b=OWboSlt7E+r8V/9WYWdmDvTx3FJIn4FvUUZr3DzNaLMuYew/+Xus2pvIghUf4f2941 MA6YDs36NEYiSAZH8diCMuw5tnkQLUd+kfaZPfN1UO4t7OwgKxRFz4tJKbb7Xkkgxvqt HKzcvkEoQzXItYMwv5rKvm21ElnZw/3WIPTGU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,

some hours ago I found out that there exist GPLed PV drivers for Windows HVM DomUs. Actually a highly appreciated and cool thing.

I got them from
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenWindowsGplPv

and installed them like told there after I read that no major show stoppers exist. (not knowing that there is a subpage
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenWindowsGplPv/Installing)

The configuration used here is
GPLV Drivers 0.9.8 Windows Server 2k3r2 32-bit on Debian Etch 64-bit + Backports + Xen 3.2.1 .

Added the /GPLPV parameter to my Windows DomU and rebooted.
Just like it is written on the /Installing page, I am screwed now with a Windows DomU hanging on the Windows Screen with the running load indicator.
I did not experience a BSOD and the install of the tools went fine.

I did try to mount the Filesystem (which is stored in a LVM) with ntfs-3g tools, didn't work, ntfs-3g said, I could not find the ntfs signature (so I suppose that this actually might be some qcow or something written in a lvm).

Would removing the /GPLPV option from boot.ini still work and result in a living system? Or do I need to reinstall the entire thing?

I tried to start the thing with and without type:ioemu parameters for harddisk and network in the xen config file. No difference.

If someone could
- help me in some way to reanimate my Windows DomU
- add a link to the /Installing Wiki-Page on the main GPLPV Page

that would be highly appreciated and very nice :)

If any more details are required it will be a pleasure to provide them.

Regards,
Joti