Re: [Xen-users] qemu-img not compiled?

To: Randy McAnally <rsm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] qemu-img not compiled?
From: Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 18:30:45 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 09:29:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Randy McAnally schrieb:
Stephan, where would I find the generic build instructions specific to the tools/ioemu portion? To clarify, I have no issue building/running Xen. I just can't figure out why not all the tools are building/installing; I don't have any errors indicating anything is missing.

A short excerpt from the xen-3.2 (pulled via hg a few weeks ago) README:

3. For the very first build, or if you want to destroy existing
   .configs and build trees, perform the following steps:

    # make world
    # make install

4. To rebuild an existing tree without modifying the config:
    # make dist

   This will build and install xen, kernels, tools, and
   docs into the local dist/ directory.

I'm really sure, if you follow the build process carefully, you'll note some
missing commands around qemu-dm / hvmloader

cheers,

Stephan

--
Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

*netz-haut* e.K.
multimediale kommunikation

zweierweg 22
97074 würzburg

fon: +49 931 2876247
fax: +49 931 2876248

web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>

registriergericht: amtsgericht würzburg, hra 5054