Re: [Xen-users] how to build linux-2.6.24 above kernels to be dom0 ?

To: "anhongkui@xxxxxxxxx" <anhongkui@xxxxxxxxx>, Ray Barnes <tical.net@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] how to build linux-2.6.24 above kernels to be dom0 ?
From: Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 06:16:49 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 06:18:04 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  It's possible to install packages mercurial, dev86, python-virtinst and virt-viewer on F8 along with building Xen 3.2.1 from source so, that  virt-install as well as virt-manager appear to be completely functional on Xen 3.2.1 F8 Dom0 (64-bit)  and allow to create PV and HVM guests like on enterprise class systems. Ofcourse, it's driven 2.6.18-8 xen kernel.
Details may be viewed:-
The reason , why i did it,  is broken virt-install on Ubuntu 8.04 Xen 3.2 Server (Desktop) (amd64) . Ubuntu kernel  2.6.24-17-xen.